Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall Celebration

     First, I would like to thank all of you for attending conferences last week.  I had such a nice time discussing your child's progress with you, and I am so happy to report that I had 100% attendance!  Hooray!  If you think of any other questions, please give me a call at Pence or send me an e-mail.
     Last Monday, we had several fun activities to celebrate fall, but my favorite was our pumpkin investigation.  It was a great way to combine literacy, math, and science!  We first read a non-fiction story about pumpkins.  The kids loved learning a "grown up" word -- pulp.  For science, we worked on honing our observation skills, and math involved the estimation and counting of seeds.


My busy little worker bees!


 Cleaning out the pumpkin.....
 Ewwwwww!  Gooey!


Counting and counting and counting......over 400 seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com