Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

WRAD!

     Did you know that March 7th was World Read Aloud Day?  This is a new celebration to me, but my students sure loved the special visit from from super 5th grade readers!  The kids were extremely well-behaved as they sat and listened to their new friends read to them.  Young students always look up to older kids, so it's wonderful to have some good role models visit our classroom!





     It was pretty amazing to observe the 5th graders naturally checking for comprehension with their questions as they read!  A big thank you to Mrs. Carr for the idea!

2 comments:

  1. My class also did buddy reading for World Read Aloud Day, but ours was with second grade! It's always so funny to hear the older kids ask "older" questions, like "What is the cause on this page and what is the effect?" And the little ones will pull out random information from the book to act like they know the answer. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I wish we had bigger kiddos at our school...maybe we can do this with the 2nd graders next year! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com