Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

A Peek in Our Classroom! {Part 1}

     My favorite hobby is hopping from blog to blog gleaning new ideas to use with my kinders.  I truly believe that blogging has changed my way of teaching -- not only am I finding wonderful resources, but my creative juices have been flowing!
     This summer, I took on a major "classroom makeover" project.  I wanted to attempt a classroom theme and new color scheme.  I had so much fun putting things together and I'd love to share how it turned out!

     What theme did I choose?  OWLS!  I love the symbolism of owls being wise and rich in knowledge, plus there is just so much cute stuff out there!  How could I resist?!  :)  To kick things off, my wonderful sister made this for my door.  I was inspired by Kimberlee at Two Fulbright Hugs.  I shared the idea with my sister and she surprised me!
      I found some adorable owls at Schoolgirl Style.  I was so excited when she made them editable!  Thanks, Melanie!  :)

   
Our word wall starts blank.
 We add our words as we learn them.
         

The hallway display. 
You can also catch a glimpse of Deanna Jump's name trees!


Ahhh.....Schoolgirl Style's polka dot lanterns.  LOVE the pop of color!
     My mom helped me so much this summer.  One of our projects was making crate seats.  We found the cutest owl fabric at Joann's, and I knew I had to have them! 

Close-up view of the fabric.
The seats "live" at my guided reading table. 
It's my first year having a kidney table.  How did I live without it?!

     I'll be back another day for a few more highlights of my room.  This post is long enough as it is!  Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com